Welcome To Prairie Rod & Gun Club
The Prairie Rod and Gun Club is a not-for-profit organization established in 1948. An annual membership allows members to participate in club activities and use of the rifle range. A rifle and trap range is located at 62664 Mill Coulee Road about 4 miles north of Prairie du Chien off State Highway 35.
Annual membership fee is $20. A monthly newsletter is provided by viewing the website, e-mail, or mail. Membership is required for use of the rifle range. Guests of a member are allowed when accompanied by the club member. See the range rules for additional information on range use.
Our major fund raiser of the year is the annual deer show held the Saturday after Valentines Day. An average of 150 deer racks and mounts and mounts of other animals are brought to the show. Anyone bringing a deer rack or mount is eligible for a chance to win a rifle donated by Stark’s Sports Shop.
While the rifle range is open to members year around the trap range is only operational on Wednesday evenings from April to October. Trap shooting is new to the club so expansion in this program is expected.
Monthly club meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month with the location posted with the monthly newsletter.
Memberships are available at the annual deer show on the Saturday after Valentines Day or at Stark’s Sports Shop in downtown Prairie du Chien. Memberships can also be purchased from a few members who have a supply of membership slips. The Prairie Rod and Gun Club membership averages 200 members per year.
Club activities include, but are not limited to:
- Wednesday evening trap shoots from April to October
- Open rifle range all year
- Maintenance of range as needed
- Sponsor two Hunter Education classes each year in the Prairie du Chien area
- Conduct an annual deer show that is our only fund raiser
- Sponsor a Kids Casting Contest at the Crawford County Fair
- Co-sponsor with the Prairie du Chien Parks and Recreation Dept fishing events for kids
- Provide financial and physical assistance to Wisconsin DNR in trout habitat improvement
- Conduct Civilian Marksmanship Program shoots with M1 Garand and other rifles
- Assist with Mississippi River cleanup activities
- Offer silhouette shoots with cal. 22 rifles and pistols
- Maintenance and management of La Riviere Archery Range
Please visit our Contact page for more information on how you can join and participate in the Prairie Rod & Gun Club!
Click HERE for a printable pdf version of the Prairie du Chien Rod & Gun Club Mill Coulee Range Rules
Click HERE for Hold Harmless Form